Friday 27 March 2009

Whats It All About

Well its all about the music and the people that play it. One of the most common question asked at Modern Jive Club Nights and Freestyles is. "Whats that record?". Followed by "where can I get a CD?".

Most of us know that buying the average Now album will get most dancing, but there are lots of tunes that have become Modern Jive Classics that those arriving new to the genre have never heard. To them its new. Play "Fuego En El Fuego" by Eros Ramazzoti to newbies and almost certainly somebody will ask you what that great tune is. Despite the fact that you have played it 200 times.

So I am setting out here to try to give some more info.

How. Well by getting some of the DJs to guest post about their music including hopefully an insight into what they listen to themselves. Take it from me that a lot of the stuff that I like is not danceable, but as a Pro DJ I cannot play. I would love to see you all dancing to "Faith Healer" by Alex Harvey.

And if you want to follow the progress or ask any questions then let me know.
Chris Uren

No comments:

Post a Comment